Suspend or revive your licence
You can choose to suspend your licence at any time. You must not carry out any real estate agency work while your licence is suspended, and you cannot suspend a licence retrospectively. To revive your licence early, please complete our form below.
Suspend your licence
- You can suspend your licence for up to 7 years. If you have an agent's or branch manager's licence, you must have done 3 years' real estate agency work in the last 10 years to be eligible to renew your licence. Please take this into account when considering the length of time you suspend your licence.
- You pay a suspension fee when you suspend your licence. You can pay by credit card or bank transfer.
- If you suspend your licence for more than a year, you pay an annual suspension fee. This is due on the anniversary of the suspension. If you don't pay the annual fee, your licence will be cancelled.
How to suspend your licence
To voluntarily suspend your licence, you'll need to:
- log in to the licensee portal
- select ‘Suspend licence’ from the green navigation ribbon on the homepage and complete the details.
We will send you a confirmation email on the date you have chosen to voluntarily suspend your licence to confirm that your licence has been suspended.
If you're unable to suspend your licence using the licensee portal, please contact us.
Annual suspension fee
You can pay your annual suspension fee online using the licensee portal.
When you have logged in, select ‘Suspend licence’ from the green navigation ribbon on the homepage. Select ‘Pay annual suspension fee’.
If you don't pay the annual fee, your licence will be cancelled. You will not be able to reapply for a licence for a minimum of 5 years.
If you're not able to pay your annual fee online using the licensee portal, please contact us.
You pay an annual fee to put your licence on hold (suspend your licence).
Type of fee
Annual suspension fee
* Please note there is a $28.75 (including GST) processing fee for all manual applications, renewals and suspensions.
** These fees are non-refundable. Read our information on refunds here.
Extending your suspension
You can extend your voluntary licence suspension online using the licensee portal and your RealMe login.
You need to submit the suspension extension application before your current suspension ends. You can check your suspension end date on the licence details page in the licensee portal.
You can extend your suspension for 12 months at a time. When you have logged in, select ‘Suspend licence’ from the green navigation ribbon on the licensee portal homepage. Select 'Extend your suspension'. You need to pay a suspension fee when you extend your suspension.
If you don't extend your suspension, your licence will revive and become active again.
If you're not able to extend your suspension online using the licensee portal or if you need help, please contact us.
Revive your licence
Revive your licence automatically
Your licence will revive automatically the day after your suspension end date. We will confirm the revival of your licence as soon as possible.
Revive your licence early
You can revive your licence early by completing a Notice of revival of voluntarily suspended licence form and sending it to us.
Invoices and documents
You can find copies of your invoices, evidence of licence, and other licensing documents when you log in to the licensee portal.
When you have logged in, click ‘Documents’ in the top bar, located under the green ribbon. If you are in a different section of the portal, you will first need to click ‘Update details’ then select ‘Documents’ in the sub-heading.
Please note that your invoice will be generated within 24 hours of completing a licensing application.
If you’re looking for documents for a company, click ‘Update Agencies’, select the applicable company, then click ‘Documents’.